Sunday, May 12, 2013

What Would You Call It?




I love this little beauty! It's spalted maple burl, 5 inches from rim edge to rim edge and roughly 2 inches deep.

I envision it as a pretty thing to sit on a side table or nightstand or similar place, where you could safely put down a piece of jewelry or some other bits-and-bobs. I know I've seen those kinds of dishes and bowls (although not nearly as beautiful as this one!) (Yes, I'm a little biased, aren't I?) but I have no idea how/what to label it.

Mother Nature did an outstanding job on this piece of wood, didn't she?
So what would you use a pretty little bowl like this for? And what would you call it when you described it to someone else?

And if you're interested, you can find it here in our Etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment