Friday, May 31, 2013

Works In Progress & Happy June!

I didn't even know we had clematis growing in our yard anymore!

I can't believe it's already June! We're in the countdown to the end of the school year, followed the next day by the start of the Northwest Regional Rollerskating Competition.

Needless to say, it's crazy here at Foster's Beauties headquarters (aka our home)!

Scott's incredibly ambitious first glass project is coming along and turning out quite well.

Scott used stencils and frit (glass that was ground to a powder) to do the design.
Meanwhile, as usual, I prefer to work on small canvases.

Check out my first glass magnets:

Can you tell I love magnets? Both making them and buying them!
I've also made five 3.5-inch squares that I'm planning to slump into small bowls/dishes:

Clockwise from the top left, the glass is lacy white, neon green, streaky blue & white, yellow decorated with marine blue stringer, and streaky pink & white. They're all on a black opal base glass.

Meanwhile, Scott's other intricate project, involving squares and lattices, has come along well too, awaiting its slump:

This side will be the bottom once it's slumped.
And flipped over:

I like the way Scott used a pair of clear squares (lined up so it's clear all the way through) and flipped the white and red square for a bit of added interest. This side will be the inside after he slumps it.

Meanwhile, I've been experimenting making some potential cabochons for flower centers. Or maybe they'll be smaller magnets ...

I like the way some of them turned out better than the others. But it's all learning at this point!

Oh, and we can't forget our youngest artist! Ellie says she was inspired by her research project on leopards when she made this:

I can kind of see the leopard influence. Can you?

Hope you have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment